10737 S State Road 140
Clinton, WI 53525
As a Midwesterner, Representative Amy Loudenbeck grew up in the suburbs of Detroit and Chicago, and moved to Wisconsin in 1987 to attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she graduated in 1991 with two undergraduate degrees: Political Science and International Relations. Fortunately, she had a job offer before graduation so she stayed in Madison and worked on the Capitol Square until 1995. She then began working at a communications firm that specialized in grassroots programs and later moved into environmental project management.
In 1996 Representative Loudenbeck moved to the Lake Geneva area and continued to manage environmental and engineering projects in Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana. She joined the Town of Linn Fire Department in 1997 and became a Certified Wisconsin Firefighter in 1998. In 1999 she earned the credential of Certified Hazardous Materials Manager. She married her husband, Matt, in 1999 and together they moved to Clinton in 2002.
Representative Loudenbeck started working at the Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce in January of 2003 as Executive Director of the Business Materials Exchange of Wisconsin (BMEx). Her work with the BMEx program included involvement in all aspects of the Chamber's operations and programs. She was promoted to Government Relations Director in 2005, Vice President in 2007 and Interim President in 2009.
Representative Loudenbeck was first elected to the state Assembly in 2010 to serve the 45th Assembly District. She was elected to her second term in the state Assembly in 2012 to represent the 31st Assembly District. During her second term she served as the Chair of the Committee on Workforce Development and Vice-Chair of the Committee on Children and Families. She also served on the committees of Environment and Forestry, International Trade and Commerce, State and Federal Relations, and Joint Legislative Council. Representative Loudenbeck was elected to her third term in 2014 and was appointed to the powerful Joint Committee on Finance which oversees the biennial budget. She also served on the Joint Committee on Information Technology and the Speaker's Task Force on Youth Workforce Development.
- B.A. International Relations, UW-Madison 1991
- B.A. Political Science, UW-Madison 1991
- Current--Legislator, Representative to the Wisconsin State Assembly
- Current--Small Business Owner (agri-business and real estate)
- Former--Entrepreneur Mentor and ad hoc advisor for Southwest Wisconsin Workforce Development Board
- Former--Chamber of Commerce Executive, Regulatory and Environmental Compliance Consultant
Political Offices Held:
- Current Representative to the Wisconsin State Assembly (2010 to present)
- Supervisor, Town of Clinton Board of Supervisors (2010-2012)
- Former Planning & Zoning Committee Chairman, Town of Clinton (2011-2012)