PO Box 556
From candidate Website
My Midwestern Roots
As a Midwesterner, I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit and Chicago, and moved to Wisconsin in 1987 to attend University of Wisconsin-Madison, the same university my parents attended. I graduated from UW-Madison in 1991 with two undergraduate degrees; Political Science and International Relations. Fortunately, I had a job offer before graduation so I stayed in Madison and worked on the Capitol Square until 1995. I began working at a communications firm that specialized in grassroots constituent contact programs and later moved into environmental project management. I very much enjoyed the time I spent in Madison interacting with all levels of state government and helping businesses navigate the regulatory process.
In 1996 I moved to Lake Geneva, and continued to manage environmental and engineering projects in Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana. I joined the Town of Linn Fire Department in 1997 and became a Certified Wisconsin Firefighter in 1998. In 1999 I earned the credential of Certified Hazardous Materials Manager. I married my husband, Matt, in 1999 and we moved to Clinton in 2002 to be closer to the City of Belvidere Fire Department where he presently works as a Firefighter/Paramedic. We also chose Clinton because of its strategic location, reasonable cost of living, and pastoral way of life.
Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce
I started working at the Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce in January of 2003 as Executive Director of the Business Materials Exchange of Wisconsin (BMEx). My work with the BMEx program included involvement in all aspects of the Chamber's operations and programs. I was promoted to Government Relations Director in 2005, Vice President in 2007 and Interim President in 2009. After over seven years at the Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce, I decided to pursue outside business interests and my campaign as a candidate for the 45th District Assembly in April 2010.
As an ad hoc advisor for the Southwest Wisconsin Workforce Development Board, I am the Lead Mentor for an entrepreneur training program call E-Hub. This exciting program that fosters communities of entrepreneurship is offered in Rock County in partnership with the Southwest Wisconsin Workforce Development Board.
Additionally, I provide regulatory and environmental compliance services to private companies in the area. My husband and I also own and operate a small mobile home park. In April 2010 I was elected as Town of Clinton Supervisor #4.
BOARDS, MEMBERSHIPS, CONTINUING EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS (Past and Present)
- Vice President, Stateline World Trade Association Board of Directors
- Supervisor #4, Town of Clinton
- Member, Republican Party of Rock County
- Member, Republican Women of Rock County
- Member, Friends of Clinton Public Library
- Member, Clinton Community Historical Society
- Member, Clinton Fencehoppers Snowmobile Club
- Member, Wisconsin Alumni Association
- Member, International Miniature Zebu Association
- Past Member, Clinton Junior Women’s Club
- Stateline Leadership Academy (2005)
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, Senior Level (No. 9608, exp. 2005)
- Past Member, National Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers
- Past Member, Chicago Chapter of National Academy of Hazardous Materials Managers
- Hazardous Waste Training HAZWOPER Certification 29 CFR 1910.120
- Hazardous Waste Training Supervisor HAZWOPER Certification 29 CFR 1910.120
- Certified State of Wisconsin Firefighter I (1998)
- Honorary and Past Member, Town of Linn Fire Department
- Past Member, Town of Linn Public Parks Committee