P.O. Box 5067
Madion, WI 53705-5067
From candidate Website
• State Representative serving Madison, Middleton, and Shorewood Hills. Member of the Energy and Utilities, Natural Resources, and Tourism and State Facilities Committees.
• Founder of an award-winning environmental and energy firm, Better Environmental Solutions, promoting practical solutions that save lives, helped create 100’s of jobs, and reduce pollution.
• Dane County Board Supervisor for 13 years serving on the Public Protection and Judiciary and Lakes and Watersheds Commission. Former chair of the Personnel and Finance, Strategic Growth Committees, vice-chair of the Transportation Committees, Chronic Wasting Disease Taskforce member of the Transportation Planning Board.
• Madison Area Technical College guest instructor, UW lecturer and have taken courses at UW and the UW Certified Public Manager Program.
• Environmental Policy Advisor for the Clinton and Gore Campaign
• Served 17 years as an environmental educator and advocate for the Sierra Club
• Energy Conservation Advocate, VISTA Volunteer for the State Division of Energy
• Former union leader
• Masters of Natural Science, University of Oklahoma, 1988
• Bachelors of Arts, Political Economy, Middlebury College, 1982
Dedicated to Family & Community
• Married 18 years to Mary Kay, who is a family program coordinator. Our son Tyler is a high school junior and enjoys football, rugby, and band, and Lea is a 7th grader and enjoys singing and acting. Our dog Penny likes to chase our cats, Panther and Clara, who are not amused.
• School volunteer and former PTO president and
• Madison and Middleton School sports supporter
• Former president, Madison Nordic Ski Club
• Red Cross blood donor
• Church school teacher, reader and usher
• Girl scout parent volunteer
• MS Society fundraiser
• Food Pantry volunteer
• Awards: FEMA Outstanding Public Service Award for helping flood victims, ARC Elected Official for helping those with disabilities, Men’s Fitness Clean Water Champion Award.